Welcome to the homepage of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section of the American Chemical Society. The Section serves Alleghany, Amherst, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Roanoke, and Rockbridge Counties in Virginia, as well as Mercer County in West Virginia. Section Meetings are held monthly during the academic year, September through May, with no meeting in December.
Thursday, November 15, 2018
Aromatic Carbons in Flames and Space - Hosted by Ferrum College
5:30 PM — Social Time
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM — Dinner
7:00 PM — Lecture
The speaker will be Dr. Houston Miller, Professor of Chemistry at George Washington University.
The social time, dinner, and talk will take place in the Blue Ridge Mountain Room in Franklin Hall at Ferrum College.
The dinner is $15.00, with students and retired ACS members at half price. Reservations for the dinner must be made by Monday Nov 05, ten days before the meeting, by contacting Maria Puccio by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at (540) 365-4238.
The Blue Ridge Chemist is our monthly newsletter. Information on joining the subscription list can be found at Blue Ridge Chemist. It may be of particular interest to those wishing to attend or looking for more details about our monthly Meetings.
Student Affiliate Chapters in the VBRS
- Ferrum College (Advisor: Maria Puccio, 540.365.4362) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hollins University (Advisor: Dan Derringer, 540.362.7433) email@example.com
- Lynchburg College (Advisor: Bill Lokar, 343.544.8631) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radford University (Advisor: Cindy Burkhardt, 540.831.5661) email@example.com
- Roanoke College (Advisor: Kelly Anderson, 540.375.4971) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sweet Briar College (Advisor: Jill Granger, 343.381.6166) email@example.com
- Virginia Tech Chemistry Club (Advisor: Maggie Bump, 540.231.4675) firstname.lastname@example.org