Welcome to the homepage of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section of the American Chemical Society. The Section serves Alleghany, Amherst, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Roanoke, and Rockbridge Counties in Virginia, as well as Mercer County in West Virginia. Section Meetings are held monthly during the academic year, September through May, with no meeting in December.
Friday, April 22, 2022
IN-PERSON - High school and undergraduate poster session and awards ceremony hosted by Radford University.
- James Lewis Howe Awards!
- High School Teacher Award!
- Keynote speaker: Sam Kean
- Presentation: The Icepick Surgeon
- 5:00 to 5:30 PM Poster Setup, Center for the Sciences, Main Lobby
- 5:30 to 6:45 Social Hour and Poster Session, Center for the Sciences, Main Lobby
- 7:00 to 7:15 Awards Ceremony, Center for the Sciences, Room M73
- 7:30 to 8:30 Keynote Presentation, Hurlburt Auditorium
- For details please download the Blue Ridge Chemist.
The Blue Ridge Chemist is our monthly newsletter. Information on joining the subscription list can be found at Blue Ridge Chemist. It may be of particular interest to those wishing to attend or looking for more details about our monthly Meetings.
Student Affiliate Chapters in the VBRS
- Ferrum College (Advisor: Maria Puccio, 540.365.4362) email@example.com
- Hollins University (Advisor: Dan Derringer, 540.362.7433) firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Lynchburg (Advisor: Bill Lokar, 343.544.8631) email@example.com
- Radford University (Advisor: Cindy Burkhardt, 540.831.5661) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Roanoke College (Advisor: Kelly Anderson, 540.375.4971) email@example.com
- Sweet Briar College (Advisor: Jill Granger, 343.381.6166) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virginia Tech Chemistry Club (Advisor: Maggie Bump, 540.231.4675) email@example.com