Welcome to the homepage of the Virginia Blue Ridge Section of the American Chemical Society. The Section serves Alleghany, Amherst, Bedford, Botetourt, Campbell, Craig, Floyd, Franklin, Giles, Henry, Montgomery, Pittsylvania, Pulaski, Roanoke, and Rockbridge Counties in Virginia, as well as Mercer County in West Virginia. Section Meetings are held monthly during the academic year, September through May, with no meeting in December.
Congratulations to the new Blue Ridge ACS chapter officers: Paul Deck, Gary Hollis, Jason Crumpton, Chris Monceaux, Nancy Richardson, and Maria Puccio! Their contact information may be found here.
Next executive meeting is Monday, January 16th 6:00 at Roanoke College in Trexler Hall 4th floor, Chemistry Dept. Conference Room
You will find the VBRS By-laws and the job description for each of the officers and committee chairmen on the Business link.
Student Affiliate Chapters in the VBRS
- Ferrum College (Advisor: Maria Pucci, 540.365.4362) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hollins University (Advisor: Dan Derringer, 540.362.7433) email@example.com
- Lynchburg College (Advisor: Bill Lokar, 343.544.8631) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Radford University (Advisor: Cindy Burkhardt, 540.831.5661) email@example.com
- Roanoke College (Advisor: Kelly Anderson, 540.375.4971) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sweet Briar College (Advisor: Jill Granger, 343.381.6166) email@example.com
- Virginia Tech Chemistry Club (Advisors: Gordon Yee, 540.231.3090) firstname.lastname@example.org and Claudia Brodkin, 540.231.8230 email@example.com)
Chemistry Departments Within the VBRS
Are you new to the area? Do you want to reactivate your membership? Are you just interested in what the Blue Ridge Section is all about?
- For a Newsletter subscription or change of address, send your request to Nancy Richardson, Dept. of Chemistry, Liberty University, Lynchburg, VA 24515 or send an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org.